It’s a dilemma we can all relate to: After a bout of swiping, liking, scrolling, and LOL-ing, your phone’s battery is dangerously close to the Red Zone. Since deleting a beloved social app isn’t always an option, our Soluto tech expert Erica offers tips on how best to stop (or stifle) the battery drain.
Which apps are draining the most battery?
You can identify the culprit(s) by going to Settings > Battery. The offending apps will appear under “battery usage.” (Hint: It’s usually Facebook.)
But I don’t even spend that much time on social media!
Users may not think they use an app very often, but due to ever-expanding features, the app may demand more resources than it did, say, a week ago. Consider Instagram and Facebook Messenger – formerly flat, basic platforms that are now integrated with captivating (and battery-sucking) media and capabilities.
Tips to extend your smartphone’s battery life:
- Turn off Background Data in your phone’s settings
- Keep screen brightness low
- Limit app use
- Turn off location services
- Limit app usage to one app at a time
- Disconnect your social media. (Nope, this doesn’t mean disconnect from social media). For example, having Tinder connected to Facebook is mandatory to sign up, but you don’t need it connected to Instagram or Spotify. Having these apps constantly interacting can cause background data use – and poses a security risk.
Asurion is committed to helping customers enhance their lives through technology. Our Soluto tech experts are here to help. Click here to learn more about Soluto.