Sonos® wireless speakers offer booming sound without the mess of wires—It's why you bought yours (or at least why you're thinking about it). But how do you set them up? Don't worry, it's easy.
At Asurion, we help millions of people get the most out of their tech. From tips to protect your home network from hackers to showing you how to safely clean your TV screen, we help you get the most out of the devices you rely on all day, every day. Here are our tips for how to connect your Sonos to your TV.
How to connect your Sonos speakers to your TV using Bluetooth
Is your TV Bluetooth® compatible? If so, you can connect your Bluetooth-enabled speaker to your TV for better sound. Here are the steps for the three Sonos speakers that currently support Bluetooth: the Sonos Move, Sonos Roam, and Roam SL.
To pair a Sonos Move:
- Turn on Bluetooth mode by pressing the left side of the Bluetooth/Wi-Fi button located at the back of the speaker. The LED light should turn blue.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button to put the speaker in pairing mode. The LED light should flash as the speaker plays a sound.
- Go to Bluetooth settings to see the Sonos Move in the list of nearby devices and select it.
To pair a Sonos Roam or Roam SL:
- Put the speaker in pairing mode by pressing and holding the power button on the back of the speaker until the LED light flashes blue.
- When you hear a chime from the speaker, release the button.
- Go to Bluetooth settings on your TV to see the Sonos Roam or Roam SL in the list of nearby devices and select it.
- Once you hear the chime and see the LED turn solid blue, your pairing is successful.
You’ve invested in home tech. Why not protect it?
With Asurion Home+, you can cover thousands of devices in your home—no matter where or when you bought them—under one simple plan.
How to connect your Sonos speakers to your TV using a Bluetooth transmitter
If your Sonos speaker is Bluetooth-enabled but your TV is not, there’s still a way to connect them and experience quality audio. By using a Bluetooth transmitter you can turn an older model TV into one capable of syncing with newer wireless technology. For the best experience, choose a transmitter that uses aptX™ technology, like the MPow® Bluetooth Transmitter, so there will be less delay between the sound you hear and the video on your screen. Simply connect the Bluetooth transmitter to your TV and follow the device’s included instructions. Once set up, turn on Bluetooth on both the transmitter and your Sonos speakers to pair them.
How to connect a Sonos soundbar to your TV
Here's how to pair your Sonos soundbar with your TV:
- Set up your Sonos speaker where you want it and connect it to power.
- Download either the Sonos or Sonos S1 apps from the Apple® App Store® or the Google Play™ Store. If your speaker was made before 2020, use the Sonos S1 app. If it was made after 2020, use the Sonos S2 app.
- Open the app, tap Set up a new system, then create or sign in to your Sonos account.
- Find your Sonos speaker and tap Add.
- Follow the steps in the app to finish setting it up.
- When you're done, make sure to follow the steps in the app to register your device. This is a must if you want your soundbar to play TV audio.
Tech is expensive. Protect it all.
Protect the devices your family loves and relies on with one simple plan. With Asurion Home+, we cover your computers, TVs, tablets, premium headphones, smart devices, and so much more—plus, 24/7 live support for your tech care needs—for less than $1 per day. Learn more about Asurion Home+ coverage and how you can get peace-of-mind electronics protection.