Just because you use your Steam Deck™ for handheld gaming doesn't mean you can't take gaming to a bigger screen—whether that's a TV or a computer monitor. It's simple, and we'll walk you through your options
At Asurion, we help millions of people take care of their tech—from protection and support to ways you can maximize your devices. Here's how to connect your Steam Deck to a TV or monitor.
Use a USB-C to HDMI adapter
One of the ways you can connect your Steam Deck to a TV or monitor is with an HDMI adapter. Your device doesn't come with an HDMI port, but it does have a USB-C port (which doubles as your charging port). With a USB-C to HDMI adapter, you can connect your Steam Deck to a TV or monitor, just as you would any other console.
After you get your hands on an adapter, here's how to hook it up:
- Plug the USB-C to HDMI adapter into the USB-C port on the Steam Deck.
- Plug the HDMI cable into a free port on your TV, and turn it to the corresponding HDMI channel.
- Turn on your Steam Deck, and get in the game.
The devices we love aren’t cheap. Protect them with Asurion Home+.
We’ll cover your favorite home tech plus provide 24/7 live support, all for less than $1 per day.
Use a Steam Deck Dock
If you've ever wanted to pack light for your next vacation and bring The Sims™ with you, a Steam Deck Dock will come in handy. It'll let you play the games you want, on a bigger screen, no matter where you are.
Plus the dock lets you charge the Steam Deck while you play, something you can't do if you use a USB-C to HDMI adapter.
If there's a lag, put the Steam Deck into Sleep Mode while it's docked by pressing the Power button. Leave the console asleep for 10 seconds, and turn it on again. The Steam Deck should be synced to the connected TV or monitor.
Use the Steam Link app
Steam Link® lets you wirelessly connect your Steam Deck to a TV through an app, which you should be able to download on your smart TV.
Here's how to set it up:
- Open the Steam Link app on the smart TV. Follow the on-screen prompts to connect Steam Link to your Wi-Fi network.
- Sign in to your Steam account
- Turn on your Steam Deck and connect it to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the Steam Link app, select Steam Deck.
- The app will give you a PIN to enter on your Steam Deck, pairing the two.
Don't let a glitched controller mean game over
The Asurion Home+ protection plan offers peace of mind for all of your eligible home tech, including your favorite gaming systems, for less than $1 per day. From graphical glitches to faulty drives, we cover your video game console and original controller from the unexpected breakdown—no matter where or when you purchased it. Learn more at asurion.com/homeplus.