Whether you need a return label or want a hard copy of directions, it’s good to know that you can print directly from your iPhone® or Android™ device. There are several ways to do so. We’ll walk you through the simple steps.
Asurion is your one-stop-shop for getting the most out of your tech. From creating more space on your phone to protecting your device from loss or theft, our experts can help with all your tech needs. Here our guide on how to easily print from your mobile phone.
Check out our video on how to print anything wirelessly.
Ways to print from your phone
”How do I print from my phone?” It’s a common question people ask our experts.
The first step is to connect your smartphone to a printer. There are three ways to do so:
- Make sure your phone and printer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Turn on Bluetooth® on both your phone and printer.
- Connect your phone to a printer with a USB cable and converter.
If you need more help connecting your printer, check out our guide on how to connect your printer to Wi-Fi.
How to print from your Android phone
It’s easy to print from your Android phone using the Google Chrome® web browser. Steps may vary depending on your model of your device. You may have previously used Google Cloud Print, but it was discontinued in 2021.
Here’s how to print from your Android using Wi-Fi:
- Make sure your phone and the printer you want to use are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Google Chrome. (You can also open Google Docs, Gmail™, etc.)
- Open the image or file you’d like to print.
- Tap the menu (three vertical dots) in the upper-right corner, and select Print. If you don’t see a Print option, select Share and tap Print.
- Select your printer from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the number of copies you’d like to print and other options like ink color, page orientation, etc.
- Tap Print.
How to print from your iPhone
If your printer supports AirPrint®, the wireless technology from Apple®, you can easily print from apps like Mail, Photos, Notes, or Safari® using Wi-Fi. Here’s what to do:
- Open the app that you’d like to print from.
- Tap the Share button, (a box with an arrow pointing up). If you don’t see the Share icon, tap Actions (three horizontal dots) then select Print.
- Scroll down and tap the Print button.
- Choose the number of copies you’d like to print, page range, paper size, etc.
- If your printer isn’t listed, tap No Printer Selected and choose an AirPrint-enabled printer on your wireless network.
- Tap Print.
Download your printer app
Having trouble? You may need to download the app from your printer manufacturer on your smartphone. You can find apps on the Apple Store for iPhone or Google Play for your Android phone.
Want to learn more about printers? Check out our guide to the best photo printing apps and photo printers to use with your phone.