You made a tough decision, but one that’s right for you. You switched from an iOS phone to an Android device. Despite what you may have heard from friends and relatives, transferring your content probably won’t be as cumbersome as you think.
Some of the transfer work can be quickly completed on your particular service provider’s app or by using apps like Google Drive. Our team of tech experts pulled together these tips to make it easy for you to backup and transfer your contacts, calendar and photos.
How to Transfer Your Contacts from iPhone to Android
- From your iPhone home screen, tap Settings > iCloud and turn on Contacts.
- From a computer, log into icloud.com.
- Tap the Gear icon at the bottom left.
- Choose Select All > Export vCard.
- From the iPhone, log into Gmail.
- Tap the red Gmail logo in the top right corner > Contacts > Import
How to Sync Your Calendar from iPhone to Android
Stay on top of your meetings and appointments. It’s easy to port your iOS calendar content over to your new Android device:
- From your iPhone home screen, tap Settings > Calendar and add your Gmail account, or select it if it was previously added.
- Turn on Syncing for Calendars.
How to Back Up Your iPhone Photos to Google Drive
Don’t lose those vacation memories. You can back up all your favorite photos in four simple steps.
- On your iPhone, download the Google Drive app.
- From the Google Drive app, tap Add > Upload.
- Select files to be uploaded.
- Tap Upload.
Making the switch
Completing the switchover to Android is also easy. Once the new Android device has been activated, login to your Gmail/Google account credentials. You’ll see that all information previously backed up will be available to you on your new phone.
Want more tips? If you are enrolled in your phone carrier’s protection and support program, you may already have unlimited access to our tech experts who can help you learn, grow and do more with your technology!