You’ve made the big tech decision—you’ve made the switch from iPhone to Android. You’ve been a longtime iPhone fan, but with so many new Android phones, it’s no wonder that you want to take full advantage of all of the amazing phone features now offered. We’re here to help make the transition go smoothly so you can get back to enjoying your tech.
The best news is that transferring data from your iPhone to Android device will be easier than you think. Some of the transfer work can be quickly completed on your particular service provider’s app or by using cloud apps like Google Drive. Our team of Experts pulled together these simple tips to help you backup and transfer your contacts, sync your calendar, and transfer photos from iPhone to Android.
How to transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android
- From your iPhone, tap Settings, then choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Choose Accounts > iCloud. There, toggle on the option for Contacts.
- Now, from a computer, log into icloud.comusing your Apple ID.
- Click on Contacts, then tap the Gear icon at the bottom left.
- Choose Select All. Then, Export vCard.
- Next, log into Gmail.com.
- Tap the Google apps launcher icon in the top right corner (the 3×3 grid icon). Choose the Contacts app.
- Then, from the left menu, select Import, and choose your saved vCard file.
How to sync your calendar from iPhone to Android
Stay on top of your meetings and appointments. It’s easy to port your iOS calendar content over to your new Android device:
- From your iPhone home screen, tap Settings > Calendar and add your Gmail account, or select it if it was previously added.
- Turn on Syncing for Calendars.
How to back up Your iPhone photos to Google Photos
Don’t lose those vacation memories. You can back up all your favorite photos in four simple steps.
- On your iPhone, download the Google Photos app. Sign in to your Google account.
- In the app, tap Menu .
- Choose Settings > Back up & sync.
- Toggle Back up & sync on.
Tap into our expertise.
If you are enrolled in your phone carrier’s protection and support program, you may already have unlimited access to Asurion Experts who can help you learn, grow and do more with your technology!
Other articles you may be interested in: