April 15th, 2022
15 fun things to say to your virtual assistant
Your voice-controlled virtual assistant can share the weather forecast or play a song request. But did you know that the brain inside your smart device can tell you jokes, share trivia, or play a game with your kids too?
At Asurion, we help you get the most out of your tech—whether you want to update your apps or fix Face ID®. Here are 15 fun things to ask or say to your virtual assistant on your smart speaker (like the Amazon Echo™ or Google Nest Hub™), smartphone or other smart device.
Things to ask or say to Alexa
Alexa™ the virtual assistant technology that comes with Amazon™ smart speakers like Echo and Echo Dot®. Say “Alexa" to wake it up and try one of these conversation starters:
- “Alexa, my name is Inigo Montoya!" Check out the response to this iconic line from the cult classic, The Princess Bride.
- “Alexa, rap for me." If you're in the mood for some rhymes, Alexa will deliver.
- “Alexa, that's no moon." Say this to begin re-enacting a famous Star Wars scene with Alexa.
- “Alexa, give me a random fact." Alexa has a wealth of knowledge to share with you—just ask.
- “Alexa, tell me a 'Yo Mama' joke." Alexa will make you smile with one of many mom-inspired funnies.
When tech breaks, we fix it
No matter the issue, our experts can repair your broken device fast. Make an appointment or visit your local store today.
Things to ask or say to Siri
Siri® is voice recognition software included with most Apple® products, like the iPhone®, MacBook®, and Apple Watch®. To see what it can do, say, “Hey Siri," and ask one of these questions:
- “Hey Siri, do aliens exist?" Ask, and Siri will tell you whether it thinks we're alone in the universe.
- “Hey Siri, can you tell me a story?" Siri will surprise you with its updated twists to classic tales, like Hansel and Gretel.
- “Hey Siri, can you sing me a song?" Siri may tell you no, or possibly launch into a serenade.
- “Hey Siri, what should I be for Halloween?" Check out Siri's creative ideas that will make you a trick-or-treating hero.
- “Hey Siri, read me a haiku." Who knew Siri was a poet? Ask Siri to share a few words with you.
Things to ask or say to Google Assistant
Google Assistant™ is virtual assistant technology included with Google devices, like Pixel™ smartphones and Google Home® speakers. Wake it up by saying, “OK Google" or “Hey Google," and start the two-way dialog.
- “OK Google, up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right." This key combination, known as the KONAMI® code, is often used to get a little extra help in video games. See what happens when you give your Google Assistant this command.
- “Hey Google, who was your first crush?" Here's your chance to learn more about your device's romantic side.
- “Hey Google, what did you do last night?" The answer to this question changes daily.
- “OK Google, self-destruct!" Your device will start a countdown, then surprise you with a twist.
- “Hey Google, do you want to build a snowman?"Ask your Google Assistant this question, and find out its true feelings about the cold.
Tech is expensive. Protect it all.
Protect the devices your family loves and relies on with one simple plan that covers all your favorite home tech. With Asurion Home+, we cover your computers, TVs, tablets, premium headphones, smart devices, and so much more—plus, 24/7 assistance for your whole family with any tech care need—for less than $1 per day. Learn more about Asurion Home+ coverage and how you can get peace-of-mind electronics protection.
*The Asurion® trademarks and logos are the property of Asurion, LLC. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Asurion is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by any of the respective owners of the other trademarks appearing herein.*