If you're like us, apps are the heart of your iPhone®, so keeping them updated is critical. After all, if you're using old versions of TikTok® or WhatsApp®, you might be missing out on some of their most exciting features.
Here at Asurion, when tech breaks, we fix it—whether it's speeding up a slow phone or troubleshooting an iPhone that won't hold a charge. Here's a guide from Asurion Experts to why you should update apps on an iPhone and how to do it.
Why should I update my iPhone apps?
Making sure you have the most updated version of iPhone apps is important to the health and safety of your phone. Keeping them up to date will give you:
- The latest security patches.
- Faster performance.
- Fewer glitches.
- The latest features.
Tech help at your fingertips
Get your tech questions answered now with our live expert support.
How do I update apps on my iPhone manually?
With the proper settings, your iPhone should automatically download and install app updates. This will usually happen at night with your phone charging and connected to Wi-Fi. But if you just can't wait until then, you can do it manually in the App Store®.
How to update apps manually through App Store
- Open the App Store and tap your profile in the top-right corner of the screen.
- On the list of apps, tap UPDATE to the right of the app. To run all the updates that are available, tap Update All.
How do I update apps on my iPhone automatically?
Automatic updates are typically activated when you set up your new iPhone. Here's how to make sure this feature is on and how to turn it off on iOS® 14 and 15.
- Go to Settings > App Store.
- Under Automatic Downloads, tap the App Updates switch to turn the setting on (or off).