From sharing weather alerts and finding your phone to answering trivia questions and reading your children a bedtime story, your Google Home® smart speaker is packed with features that make your life more convenient.
So if you've recently replaced your wireless router or changed the name or password of your wireless network, you'll want to connect your Google Home to the new Wi-Fi network right away. We'll show you how.
How to change the Wi-Fi network on your Google Home or Google Home Mini
If you haven't connected your Google Home or Google Home Mini® to Wi-Fi, start by downloading the Google Home app on your phone or tablet. Next, follow our guide to connecting your Google Home to Wi-Fi for the first time.
If you're set up but need to change the Wi-Fi network on your Google Home or connect to a Wi-Fi network with a new password, follow these simple steps:
- Open the Google Home app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap the + button in the upper-left corner of the screen, then select Set up device.
- A list of your Google Home devices should appear. Find the device you want to connect to Wi-Fi, and tap its menu button (three horizontal lines in the upper-right corner).
- Select Settings from the pop-up menu.
- Locate Device Settings, and tap Wi-Fi.
- The Wi-Fi settings for your Google Home device should appear. If it's connected to a network, select Forget this Network, then tap Forget Wi-Fi Network to confirm.
- On the Google Home app home screen, tap the Devices button.
- Tap Add New Device.
- You'll be prompted to go to your Google Home device's Wi-Fi settings and connect to the Google Home hotspot in the network list. Look for the name you previously gave your device during setup.
- Return to the Google Home app. Your device will play a sound and ask whether you heard it—if you did, tap Yes.
- Tap the location of your device on the location screen, then tap Next.
- Enter a name for your Google Home speaker, select your Wi-Fi network, then tap Next.
- Enter your Wi-Fi network password, and tap Connect.
Once you change the network for your Google Home, the network for every Google® device connected to it will also change automatically.