December 2nd, 2021
How to connect your PS5 DualSense controller to a PC
Connecting your PS5™ controller to a PC lets you enjoy your favorite PlayStation® games while using a comfortable gaming pad that's loaded with cool features.
But if you're not sure how to set it up, don't worry—that's where we come in. Here at Asurion, our experts help millions of customers learn more about how to use their tech every day—from fixing an iPad that's charging slowly to connecting a wireless PS4 controller to an iPhone. Here are their tips for connecting your PS5 DualSense™ controller to a PC.
How to connect your PS5 DualSense controller using a USB cable
For a wired connection between your PS5 controller and your PC, you'll just need a USB-C to USB-A cable, which you can purchase online or at most electronics stores. Once you have it, plug the USB-C end into the controller and the USB-A end into your PC. Simple, right?
How to connect your PS5 DualSense controller wirelessly with Bluetooth
Looking to wirelessly connect your PS5 controller to your PC? You can do it with Bluetooth®. Just follow these simple steps.
- Go to Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
- Make sure you've turned on Bluetooth, then click Add Bluetooth or other device. Select Bluetooth from the device list.
- Hold down the PlayStation button and Share button on the controller until the light around the touchpad starts flashing.
- Select the controller on your computer and wait for a confirmation message.
How to set up your PS5 DualSense controller on a PC with Steam
You can even connect your PS5 DualSense Controller via Steam®—an online platform for PC games.
- Open Steam, then select Steam from the top left.
- Select Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings.
- Connect your controller via a wired or wireless connection using the USB or Bluetooth directions above.
- Make sure to click the boxes next to PlayStation Configuration Support and Generic Gamepad Configuration Support.
If you've tried these steps and still need a little help, we're right around the corner. Schedule a repair at the nearest uBreakiFix® by Asurion or Asurion Tech Repair & Solutions™ store and our certified experts can get your device back up and running as soon as the same day.
Don't let a glitched controller mean game over
The Asurion Home+ protection plan offers peace of mind for all of your eligible home tech, including your favorite gaming systems, for less than $1 per day. From graphical glitches to faulty drives, we cover your video game console and original controller from the unexpected breakdown—no matter where or when you purchased it. Learn more at asurion.com/homeplus.
*The Asurion® trademarks and logos are the property of Asurion, LLC. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Asurion is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by any of the respective owners of the other trademarks appearing herein.*
- SHARE THIS ARTICLE