November 28th, 2018
How to transfer iPhone to Android
You've made the big tech decision—you've made the switch from iPhone to Android. You've been a longtime iPhone fan, but with so many new Android phones, it's no wonder that you want to take full advantage of all of the amazing phone features now offered.
Asurion Experts help millions of customers get the most out of their favorite tech every day—and we're here to help make the transition from iPhone to Android go smoothly. Here are simple tips to help you backup and transfer your contacts, sync your calendar, and transfer photos from iPhone to Android.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android
When moving from an iOS device to an Android device, transferring your contacts can be done in just a few simple steps. Here's how:
- From your iPhone, tap Settings, then choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Choose Accounts, then tap iCloud. There, toggle on the option for Contacts.
- Now, from a computer, log into icloud.com using your Apple ID.
- Click on Contacts, then tap the Gear icon at the bottom left.
- Choose Select All. Then, Export vCard.
- Next, log into Gmail.com.
- Tap the Google apps launcher icon in the top right corner (the 3x3 grid icon). Choose Contacts.
- Then, from the left menu, select Import, and choose your saved vCard file.
How to sync iPhone calendar to Android
Stay on top of your meetings and appointments. It's easy to transfer your iOS calendar content over to your new Android device:
- From your iPhone home screen, tap Settings > Calendar and add your Gmail account, or select it if it was previously added.
- Turn on Syncing for Calendars.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to Android
Don't lose those vacation memories. Back up your iPhone photos to Google Photos so you can easily access them on your new Android device. It's simple; just follow these four steps:
- On your iPhone, download the Google Photos app. Sign in to your Google account.
- In the app, tap Menu.
- Choose Settings, then Back up & sync.
- Toggle Back up & sync on.
Protect your phone
For more than 25 years, Asurion has helped 300 million customers protect, connect, and enjoy the tech they love most. And smartphones are no exception. Your life is on your device, make sure it’s protected. Learn more about Asurion phone insurance plans today.
*The Asurion® trademarks and logos are the property of Asurion, LLC. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Asurion is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by any of the respective owners of the other trademarks appearing herein.*