Are your AirPods® or AirPods Pro® headphones having trouble connecting to your device, fully charging, or playing audio? Fortunately, there's an easy way to get them back up and running fast––by completing a factory reset.
At Asurion, when tech breaks, we fix it. From updating your iPad® to resetting your iPhone®, our experts have your device issues covered. Here's their guide on how to reset your AirPods or AirPods Pro headphones so you can get back to streaming Crime Junkie® on iTunes®.
How to factory reset your AirPods or AirPods Pro headphones
This will return your headphones to factory default settings, so you may need to reprogram any custom settings if you plan on reconnecting to your iPhone, iPad, or other smart device. Here's how to reset your AirPods:
- Put your headphones into their charging case and close the lid.
- Wait 30 seconds, then open the case lid.
- On the Apple® device your headphones are connected to, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Tap the More info button (circle with an “i" in the middle), tap Forget This Device, then tap Forget Device to confirm.
- Keep the case lid open, then press and hold the Setup button on the back of the case for 15 seconds. The status light should flash amber and then white. Your headphones should now be reset.
If the problem with your headphones persists, try cleaning your AirPods or AirPods Pro with our tutorial. For more information on pairing your headphones, see our article on connecting two sets of AirPods to a single device or connecting your AirPods to a smart TV.
If you've tried these steps and still need a little help, we're right around the corner. Schedule a repair at the nearest uBreakiFix® by Asurion or Asurion Tech Repair & Solutions™ store and our certified experts can get your device back up and running as soon as the same day.
Protection beyond a headphones warranty
Protect your headsets and earbuds—plus thousands of eligible devices in your home—from mechanical and electrical breakdowns, normal wear and tear, and more, all for less than $1 per day. With an Asurion Home+® protection plan, you'll get fast repairs and support from trusted experts whenever you need them, no matter the device brand or when and where you purchased them. To learn more, visit asurion.com/homeplus/.