No matter how clean of a person you are, dirt, grime, germs and earwax eventually build up on your wireless earbuds. Safely disinfecting your tech is important, now more than ever, so our experts have put together a list of tips for keeping your wireless earbuds clean, from Apple AirPods to Bose and Beats.
Why should you clean your wireless earbuds?
Simply put: the grosser your wireless earbuds, the lesser the sound quality. You’ve just spent money on a quality pair of Bluetooth earbuds to help you experience audio to its fullest, whether it’s on phone calls or for listening to your favorite Spotify playlist. So keeping them clean not only improves your listening experience, but also helps to extend the life of your earbuds and keep them performing at their best for years to come.
How to clean your AirPods and AirPod Pros
- Using a damp cloth with water, wipe the earbuds clean. Avoid getting liquid in any of the openings.
- Dry them with a soft, dry cloth.
- For the microphone and speaker, clean with a dry cotton swab.
- Make sure to let them dry before putting them back in the charging case.
How to clean your AirPods case
Use a dry cloth to wipe down your AirPods charging case. If needed, you can dampen the cloth with alcohol (a 70% isopropyl alcohol, that is), but make sure to not get any liquid in the charging ports.
How to clean wireless earbuds without damaging them
Disinfecting your headphones is important, whether you think the best wireless earbud brand is Samsung, Beats or Bose, to help keep them performing at their best. Here are tips on how to safely clean your wireless earbuds:
- If your earbuds have detachable ear tips (like Samsung ‘s Galaxy Buds), remove the tip before cleaning.
- Similar to AirPods, use a soft, dry cloth to wipe off the surface.
- Use a dry, cotton swab to remove any debris and/or build up on the earbuds.
- Let them dry completely before using.
For any type of earbuds, we do not recommend putting them in water as a cleaning method. The above instructions are your best bet, and if necessary, use a damp cloth with either soap and water or 70% isopropyl alcohol to give your earbuds some extra TLC.
Tech is expensive. Protect it all.
Protect the devices your family loves and relies on with one simple plan that covers all your favorite home tech. With Asurion Home+, we cover your computers, TVs, tablets, premium headphones, smart devices, and so much more—plus, 24/7 assistance for your whole family with any tech need—for less than $1/day.
Learn more about Asurion Home+ coverage and how you can get peace-of-mind device protection.