It's hard to keep up with changing technology, so if you're not sure how to turn off or restart your Samsung Galaxy® S21, we'll walk you through a few different methods.
Here at Asurion, we help people learn more about their devices every day. From setting up or removing a lock screen on an Android™ to resetting a Galaxy tablet, we'll help you get the most out of the tech you rely on. Here's how to turn off or restart your Samsung phone.
How to turn off or restart your Samsung Galaxy S21 from the quick settings panel
The quick settings panel is a screen that lets you quickly access many functions on your phone. Here's how to use it to turn off or restart your Samsung.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to bring up the quick settings panel, then swipe down again so it takes up the whole screen.
- Tap the Power icon in the top-right corner.
- Tap Power off or Restart.
How to turn off or restart your Samsung Galaxy S21 with the Power and Volume Down buttons
For an even quicker way to turn off or restart your Samsung phone, try using this key combination.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.
- When you see a screen for Power off, Restart, and Emergency mode, tap Power off or Restart.
Tech help at your fingertips
Get your tech questions answered now with our live expert support.
How to use Bixby to turn off or restart your Samsung Galaxy S21
To use Samsung's virtual assistant to turn off your phone, you'll need to set up Bixby® if you haven't already—here's how.
- Press and hold the Side button or Bixby button to open Bixby. If prompted, sign in to your Samsung account.
- Tap Start, then OK to agree to the pop-up message.
- Now you can press and hold the Side button, then say “turn off my phone" or “restart my phone."
How to restart your Samsung Galaxy S21 if it's frozen
If your phone is frozen and you can't use traditional methods to turn it off or restart it, press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until the screen turns black, then release them. Your phone should restart momentarily.
Tried these steps and still need help? We got you. Get your tech problem solved when you call or chat with an expert now.