Congratulations! You have a shiny, new Android phone. But, there’s a catch. You currently own an iPhone.
Never fear. Switching to an Android from an iPhone has never been easier thanks to our tech experts’ advice. Follow the steps below to Switch from iPhone to Android:
Step 1: Set up your Google Drive.
- Download Google Drive to your iPhone.
- Sign in to your Google Drive with your Google username and password. If you need a Google account, set up one when you sign in to the Google Drive or click here.
- If you already have a Google Drive, that’s great! Make sure it’s updated to the latest version.
Step 2: Back up content.
- Connect your device to power and Wi-Fi. The backup will take several hours, so select a time in which you may not need your phone.
- Sign in to your Google Drive and go to Menu > Settings > Backup.
- Tap on any item you do not want to back up to deselect.
- Select “Start Backup” to begin Google’s backup of your iPhone content.
- When complete, your screen will say “Backup Complete.” Your contacts, calendar, photos, videos are now backed up to your Google Drive.
Step 3: Sign in to your Android.
- Power on your Android phone and sign-in to your Google account.
- Your content will be on the phone as soon as you sign in.
If you purchased a newer Android, like the Galaxy S7 or Pixel and Pixel 2, physically connect it to your iPhone, and you’ll experience additional Apple to Android help features during set-up.
Asurion is committed to helping customers enhance their lives through technology. Our Soluto tech experts are here to help. To learn more about Soluto, click here.