Skip to main content

AT&T frequently asked questions

Answers to our most frequently asked questions

What do I do if my replacement device is not working?

Replacement devices come with 12-month post-claim support. If this is a malfunction on a different phone than the one you intend to replace, call 888-562-8662. An expert will help you. If the device has accidental damage caused during use, has been lost or stolen, or it has been more than 12 months, you can still replace your device, but you’ll need to start a claim.

How do I know whether I have coverage and what is covered?

Take a look at your wireless bill. If you’re being billed for insurance, then you should be covered. For more details on coverage, please see the Terms and Conditions.

Where can I find more information for documents and affidavits?

For basic information about documentation and affidavits, visit You can also download and find information about how to complete and upload your affidavit. Don’t worry, it’s pretty easy. Once you get into the claims flow, you will be prompted with instructions on what's required. Before you start, you’ll need an acceptable form of ID from the list below:

  • Valid Driver’s License

  • Passport

  • State DMV-Issued ID Card 

  • Matricula Consular ID

Unacceptable forms of ID:

  • Student ID

  • Work ID

  • Birth Certificate

  • Social Security Card

  • Military IDs

  • Expired IDs

Still need help?

Call us at 888-562-8662 and we’re happy to help