August 1, 2019
The U.K. Modern Slavery Act of 2015 (the “Act”) requires commercial organizations that operate in the U.K. and have a total annual turnover above a certain threshold to make publicly available a statement concerning the steps it has taken in the prior fiscal year to eradicate slavery and human trafficking in its supply chains or its own business.
Asurion Europe Ltd. (“Asurion Europe”) is committed to responsible sourcing and combatting human trafficking and slavery in our supply chain and in our business. In 2016, Asurion Europe continued its dedication to combatting modern slavery:
- Supplier Code of Conduct: Asurion Europe has a Supplier Code of Conduct (“Supplier Code”) that is applicable to all entities in our supply chain. The very first section of the Supplier Code focuses on our prohibition on forced labor, with the second section detailing our opposition to the use of child labor. These topics occupy a preeminent position in the Supplier Code due to their importance to Asurion Europe.Suppliers are asked to report any potential violations of the Supplier Code to our ethics hotline (maintained by Asurion Europe’s parent company for all of its entities globally) and Asurion Europe retains the right to monitor facilities to ensure compliance with our Supplier Code.If an entity fails to comply with the Supplier Code, Asurion Europe has the right to terminate our relationship with the supplier.
- Supplier Contracts: Our Supplier Code of Conduct is part of our contract with each supplier. Asurion Europe retains the right to audit compliance with the Supplier Code of Conduct through our supplier contracts.
- Supplier Audits: Asurion conducts periodic audits on our supply chain vendors. During that audits, we look for any evidence of children working at the facility.
- Asurion Europe Employee Handbook: Within our own organization, Asurion Europe has an employee handbook that clearly lays out our commitment to ethical principles and a safe and secure workplace for all of our employees.
- Asurion Code of Conduct: Asurion’s Code of Conduct provides the bedrock for decision-making at Asurion. It establishes the common set of ethical principles and standards which guide our actions as we conduct business and serve as a resource for all Asurion employees. These principles include a focus on a safe and healthy working environment for our employees and our suppliers.
- Training: All employees complete training that establishes Asurion’s position on an ethical workplace.
Asurion looks forward to continuing to be part of the effort to combat modern slavery.
CEO, Asurion Europe