Rogers Device Protection safeguards phones against loss, theft, damage, mechanical and electrical malfunction
NOV 21, 2012
Asurion, the global leader in technology protection services, today announced the company has developed a handset and device protection plan, Rogers Device Protection, for Rogers Communications, Canada’s leading diversified communications and media company. The Rogers Device Protection plan1 is a part of Rogers Device Protection services and protects devices from loss, theft,2and damage including mechanical and electrical malfunction after the manufacturer’s warranty expires.”We are proud to support Device Protection for Rogers customers and for the opportunity to provide innovative products and services to carriers and customers around the world,” said Aileen Trescher, General Manager of Asurion Canada. “For cell phone and smartphone owners, the peace of mind provided by knowing your device and data are secure, is invaluable.”
Rogers Device Protection is available within 15 days of a new activation or upgrade. The service covers all wireless devices (excluding prepaid and tablets) and standard accessories, including batteries, chargers, SIM cards and memory cards. For a limited time only until December 31st, Rogers Device Protection is also available to customers who purchased a handset or device from Rogers in 2012. The program reconnects Rogers customers quickly with the same or comparable device model. Other features of the new protection service include:
- Next Business day delivery, in most cases, for claims approved by 5PM ET
- GPS locator that tracks misplaced, lost or stolen phones with 25 lookups per month with Rogers Phone Finder.
- The ability to cancel Rogers Device Protection plan coverage at any time with no cancellation fee.
Rogers Device Protection is a part of Rogers Device Protection services, which can include 24 hour access to personal tech support with Rogers TechXpert For Wireless and Anti-Theft and Anti-Virus,3 depending on the Rogers Device Protection bundle selected.
To learn more about Rogers Device Protection visit www.rogers.com/protection.
- Rogers Device Protection is not available in Saskatchewan or Manitoba.
- Loss and theft not available in Quebec and Newfoundland.
- Anti-Theft and Anti-Virus tools are available for select Android and BlackBerry devices only.