Asurion, the global leader in helping people connect, protect and enjoy their tech, has been named a 2020 DiversityInc Noteworthy Company in recognition of its rising leadership in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace culture. It is the second consecutive year Asurion has been honored with the distinction. For the first time, Asurion was also named a Top Company for Employee Resource Groups.
The DiversityInc Top 50 list, issued yearly since 2001, recognizes the nation’s top companies for diversity and inclusion management. These companies excel in such areas as hiring, retaining and promoting women, minorities, people with disabilities, LGBTQ and veterans.
“Asurion embraces the uniqueness of our employees, recognizing their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Our inclusive culture allows employees to bring their full selves to work every day,” said Nikki Smith-Bartley, VP, Chief Diversity & Talent Strategy Officer at Asurion. “We are honored to have DiversityInc once again recognize us as a rising leader in diversity.”
Asurion has a variety of inclusive programs and policies aimed at developing an engaged workforce where every employee feels valued, including:
- Talent programs focused on attracting and developing a diverse pipeline.
- Ten Employee Resource Groups with nearly 6,000 members across over 70 global chapters that help employees across the company to better understand and appreciate colleagues with different backgrounds and experiences.
- Multiple courses on unconscious bias and inclusive leadership including a one-hour training and an in-depth training available for all employees and leadership.
- Education sessions, called Active Ally, for employees, which teach inclusive language and help employees navigate scenarios that could pop up at work.
- Inclusive programs and policies for expectant and new mothers and our LGBT employees.
- #BeBold events that provide opportunities for all team members to come together to discuss inclusion-related topics and get comfortable with uncomfortable conversations.
The DiversityInc recognition is the latest of many awards acknowledging Asurion’s culture and workplace. Asurion was named a Forbes Best Employer for Diversity; earned a perfect score on The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation’s 2020 Corporate Equality Index; has been certified A Great Place to Work® for the last three consecutive years; was named a Top Workplace in the Nashville area for the past four years in a row; and was recognized as a Best Place to Work in IT by Computerworld in 2019.
To learn more about Asurion or to join our team, visit us at https://careers.asurion.com/.
The mission of DiversityInc is to bring education and clarity to the business benefits of diversity. The DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity list began in 2001, when many corporations were beginning to understand the business value of diversity management initiatives. The 2020 Top 50 Companies for Diversity results will be featured on DiversityInc.com. DiversityInc is a VA certified veteran-owned business and a Disability:IN certified business owned by a person with a disability. For more information, visit www.diversityinc.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn @DiversityInc.