Scanners are a rare find these days, but their use is still prevalent. Skip the trip to the office services store and use your iPhone® as a scanner. At Asurion, we troubleshoot your tech problems so you can enjoy the devices that run your world. Here's our experts' guide to using your iPhone as a document scanner.
How to use your iPhone as a document scanner
- Open the Notes app on your iPhone or iPad®. Tap the icon in the bottom-right corner to create a new note.
- Tap the Camera button. In the menu that appears, select Scan Documents.
- Place the document you would like to scan on a flat, well-lit surface. Point your camera at the document, and take a photo.
- To crop your image to the correct size, simply drag each corner point that appears to the edges of your document.
- When you're happy with your document, tap Keep Scan. From here, you can either continue scanning more documents or select Save > Done.
If you'd like to adjust the color of your scan, select the overlapping circles icon at the top of your screen.
How to share your scanned documents
- When you're done, select the three dots at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Tap either Share Note or Send a Copy to share your document.
Interested in more ways to get more out of your iPhone? Check out our article on the best hidden iPhone features.
Protect your phone
For more than 25 years, Asurion has helped 300 million customers protect, connect, and enjoy the tech they love most. And smartphones are no exception. Your life is on your device, make sure it’s protected. Learn more about Asurion phone insurance plans today.