Want to change your Android™ voicemail personal identification number (PIN)? It’s easy to do if you know your current password. But what if you forgot your voicemail PIN? That’ll take an extra step—and you’ll need to change it through your carrier. At Asurion, we take care of your tech every day and work with carriers to keep your phones working at their best. So we know how common it is for people to call and say, “I forgot my voicemail PIN on my Android.”
Don’t worry, solving this problem is easy. We’ll show you how.
What’s a voicemail PIN?
Your voicemail PIN is a numerical password that you enter on your phone—typically it’s four or six digits— to listen to your voice messages. It’s important to use a PIN so that only you, or someone you trust, can access your voicemail messages.
How to change your Android voicemail PIN using your old PIN
If you know your current voicemail password, follow these simple steps to change your PIN:
- Open the Phone app.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Voicemail.
- Tap Change PIN.
- Type in your current PIN and tap Continue.
- Enter a new PIN, then tap Continue. Enter the PIN again then tap OK.
How to reset your Android voicemail PIN if you forgot your PIN
Forgot your voicemail PIN? It happens to all of us. Here’s what to do.
Reset your voicemail PIN with AT&T
- Open the browser on your Android phone.
- Open your AT&T® account overview page, sign in and go to My wireless.
- Go to the My Devices & add-ons section and select your device.
- Select Manage my device and under Device options & settings, select Reset voicemail.
- If you have any trouble, contact AT&T by phone for help.
Reset your voicemail PIN with Verizon
- Dial *611 on your Android phone.
- When prompted, provide the requested information.
- When the voice assistant asks what you’re calling about, say, “Reset my voicemail password.”
- Follow the instructions to reset your PIN.
- If you have any issues, call Verizon® customer service.
If you have another carrier, contact them directly to reset your voicemail PIN.
Preventing future voicemail PIN issues
When you first set up your voicemail and PIN, make sure to choose one that’s memorable for you but hard for someone else to guess. Never use consecutive digits like 123456 or repeating numbers like 0000.
If you’re still using the default PIN from when you first got your phone, change it immediately.