Have you ever walked down a poorly lit street at night, unable to find your keys in your purse or backpack? Or you're out for a hike at sunset, struggling to see the path in front of you.
Pro tip: Use your Android™ phone. It has a flashlight to help you find what you're looking for in the dark. We'll walk you through how to use it.
At Asurion, we're here to help you get the most out of your tech. From keeping your phone running like new to customizing your lock screen settings, we ensure you get the most out of the devices you rely on daily. Here's our guide on how to turn on the flashlight on your Android smartphone.
Use Quick Settings to turn on your flashlight
One of the most convenient ways to turn on your phone's flashlight app is by using Quick Settings. It gives you easy access to your most frequently used features, including the flashlight. Here's how:
- Swipe down from the top of your phone's screen to open the notification panel.
- Tap on the flashlight icon located at the bottom-left corner of the panel. That's it.
Use the At a Glance feature to turn on your flashlight
At a Glance, a feature introduced with the Android 8.0 operating system, lets you turn on your phone's flashlight from your lock screen. Here's how:
- Press the power button to activate your phone's lock screen.
- Tap and hold the flashlight icon at the bottom of the screen to turn it on.
Use voice command to turn on your flashlight
You can also use your voice to ask Google Assistant™ to turn on your flashlight.
- Wake up your phone by saying "OK Google®" or "Hey Google" (depending on your device settings) or by pressing the dedicated voice command button on the side.
- Once your phone is listening, say, "Turn on the flashlight" or "Activate the flashlight" to
turn it on.
Use the Android Quick Tap feature to turn on your flashlight
Another easy way to turn on your phone's flashlight is with the Quick Tap feature. Here's how to turn it on:
- Go to the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Scroll down and select Gestures.
- Tap Quick Tap.
- Tap on Flashlight to turn on this feature.
- Double-tap the back of your phone to turn on your flashlight quickly.
How to turn off your flashlight
Turning your flashlight off is as simple as turning it on. Repeat your tap or gesture or tell Google to "turn off flashlight."